About this Lecture Series title:
This title is available to you as a digital download or 3-CD set. This Lecture Series Product features topical information in instructor-based lecture format. Topics covered include: Extending Switched Networks with VLANS, Determining IP Routes, Managing IP traffic with Access Lists, Point-to-Point connections, Frame Relay Connections and more.
This CCNA Exam 640-802 is the most popular route to earning the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification. It is an entry-level, single option exam for IT professionals who have a basic understanding of computers and networking technology. The CCNA is considered to be the most universally rewarding certification produced in the IT industry. Individuals who possess a CCNA usually carry job titles such as Network Engineer or Network Architect.
The Official Domains of the Exam published by Cisco are:
- Describe how a network works
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications
- Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size
- Enterprise branch office network
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot basic router operation and routing on Cisco devices
- Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN
- Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats
- Implement, verify and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network
- Implement and verify WAN links
Within these domains, Cisco will ask compelx questions dealing with extending switched networks with VLANS, IP Routes, IP traffic Access Lists, Point-to-Point (PPP) connections and the establishment of Frame Relay Connections. Additionally, the exam will concentrate on difficult questions involving TCP/IP protocol and its implementation in a network. Cisco does not publish the pass score for this exam, but the community commonly accepts that the passing score is 849 out of 1000. The exam contains somewhere between 55 and 65 questions that include multiple choice, drag and drop and simulation style questions in varying numbers.